Beginning my essential oil journey is part of my story.
And I truly love helping people integrate a lifestyle of health and wellness into their daily routine.
There are so many essential oils that have played and do play a pivotal part in my anthem of TODAY.
I would love to share my story with you and watch yours unfold.
Essential Oils for Pregnancy, Labor and Birth
This was certainly a spiritual journey for me as I tried to navigate the fear and worry that can easily surround the concept of labor and the pain that accompanies it. But God did some super cool things in me through that and along with my oils, and I was ready when this baby was. With scripture verses and birth prayers posted around my home and worship music playing, I entered into a place of seeking God through my labor.
Frankincense Oil- Mixed with lavender to create a mix with a carrier oil (such as coconut oil with some Vitamin E) and apply to your stomach daily as a stretch mark cream.
Myrrh Oil- If you haven't heard of Perineal massage- go google that now. But don't be freaked out. About 3-4 weeks before baby's due date, my husband would do the perineal massage for me around 1-3 times per week. Gentle stretching can be great to prepare for the arrival of baby.
Let's start in the weeks leading up to the birth of baby and some of the things I did and used.
Lavender Oil- Used in almost every one of my baths to help calm and relax me at the end of the day.
Thieves Oil- Always to the rescue when our bodies need an intense immune system boost. I diffused this badboy with Purificationdaily to keep my immune system (and my family's) strong! (Also applied to the bottom of our feet.)
Alrighty so now let's get into the nitty gritty of LABOR! Let's go through the phases of labor so that you can decide exactly what you would want to have on hand. There are some listings that are specific to that phase of labor, but otherwise, general information (such as drinking lemon in your water) is good for the entire process of labor- in each phase of it.
Lemon- Drink in your water for uplifting and energy.
Peace and Calming- Diffuse or apply over heart to help relax and calm.
Diffusing blend- To relax during early stages use Lavender, Orange and Peppermint.
For restful sleep (if contractions start during the night)- Massage diluted Lavender over body and diffuse.
Stress Away- Rub on topically where needed.
Valor- Apply to upper spine and along hips for feelings of courage and body alignment.
For hemorrhoid comfort- Apply diluted geranium or cypress (or make recipe of 1 drop Peppermint, 2 drops Helichrysum, 2 drops Geranium and 2 drops of Cypress with a carrier oil.)
Grounding- Diffused or applied over heart to help keep focus and a solid foundation for the labor.
Clary Sage- Added into warm bath with epsom salt to support labor.
Clary Sage- Apply on inner ankles and lower abdomen to speed up labor. If using Young Living oils, you can place 1 drop on tongue or take a few drops in a capsule every 30-60 minutes as well. It is used as a uterine support that allows the uterus to work more effectively. When it is diffused it provides great clarity and helps to relieve anxious feelings.
Jasmine- Inhale, apply to bottom of feet and all around stomach to speed up labor and helps promote calmness in mom.
Peppermint- On tongue or in water for energy. Another fun fact, use Peppermint to help you pee during labor- hold the fumes of the bottle over the urethra or simply place 1 drop in the toilet.
PanAway- Apply topically to any areas of pain (especially on back).
Wash cloth blend- Jasmine, Roman Chamomile, Geranium and Lavender.
Geranium- This oil is great to diffuse for its uplifting properties and helpful in balancing emotional states. It also enhances circulation to the places where it is applied topically- best place is the back and shoulders for relief of stress and tension.
Peace and Calming- To banish fears.
Valerian- Apply with hot compress for labor discomfort.
Orange- Drink in water or diffuse to bring energy.
Transition: (many blends and oils from active labor can be used now as well.)
Diffusing blend- Orange, Bergamot, Lavender and Clary Sage for energy.
Frankincense- Diluted and applied around vaginal opening.
Peppermint- On a cool wet cloth and applied to forehead and back of neck for energy and to reduce motion discomfort.
Basil- Diluted and applied to temples and lower abdomen to help women push forward in this stage of labor as it can be the point they don't feel they can keep going- it helps her get in touch with her inner strength and faith, plus physically, it helps to create more comfort and ease the intensity of this time in labor.
Helichrysum-Apply on the lower back or abdomen during the birthing phrase of labor to help to support an even more healthy recovery and placenta delivery after baby is born. You can mix it with a carrier oil for perineum support by gentlymassaging it on the perineum during crowning and also rub gently over baby’s head.
En-R-Gee- Used aromatically or topically for energizing qualities.
- Peace and Calming with Joy- Diffused after baby is born for calming and joyful atmosphere.
- Frankincese- Diluted to anoint and pray over newborn baby (apply to crown of baby's head).
- Myrrh- Apply to umbilical chord before cutting and each day to stump to promote healing.
- Lavender- Diluted for baby's diaper area.
- Thieves- To diffuse when guests come visit.
- PanAway- For areas of pain after baby is born.
- Joy- Apply to heart and on baby.
- Gentle baby- Apply topically to mom and baby for peace and restful sleep and for skin support for mom as well as support for baby blues.
- Jasmine- Helps expel placenta.
- Peppermint- Can help mom pee after birth.
- Tangerine- Massage to feet and drink in water to reduce swelling.
- To help expel the placenta and tone the uterus- Geranium, Lavender and Jasmine applied directly to the abdomen.
- For support in case of tearing or episiotomy- ClaraDerm Spray or LavaDerm Spray.
- For help in bonding with baby while breastfeeding- Apply 1 drop of Joy on breasts (not nipples) before nursing.
- Perineal support sitz bath- 2 drops of Cypress and 3 drops of Lavender with 1 tsp. of salt and mix into bath water.
- As a uterine tonic for strengthening uterus- apply any of the following oils to the lower abdomen- Jasmine, Clary Sage, Frankincense, Ylang Ylang, Nutmeg and Cistus.
Some extra oils to have on hand in case of necessity or desire:
- Rose – Restorative to skin and helps with emotional support.
- Helichrysum – Tissue support and afterbirth to slow bleeding.
- Idaho Balsam Fir– Internally in a capsule to wean off meds after C-section.
- Believe Blend- Diluted on site for skin support and emotional upliftment.
- Lavender – Skin support and for any pain in breasts.
- Peppermint –Applied topically to turn breech babies (apply on top of stomach) or posterior babies (applied on lower back).
- Optional labor blend- Lavender, Frankincense, Ylang Ylang and Roman Chamomile.
- Fennel- (Or basil) to help start or increase milk supply- ingest in a capsule and apply directly on breasts.
- For clogged milk ducts- Geranium, Lavender and Rose (or Gentle Baby blend) applied to cool compress and applied to breasts. 1 drop above the breasts on lymph area and 2-3 drops on the spine, above breast area. May also try ingesting in a capsule.
- For sore nipples- Lavender mixed with a carrier oil (some other awesome recipes include Helichrysum oil with shea butter and vitamin E oil).
- For Perineal support in the weeks leading up to labor, during labor, while pushing and after birth to aid in stretching and skin support: ClaraDerm Spray, Myrrh, Rose, Geranium, Lavender.
- For baby massage- Mix any of the following oils with a carrier oil and massage over baby's body- Frankincense, Valor, Joy, Peace and Calming, Lavender, Gentle baby and Myrrh.
- For constipation- Use diluted Peppermint or DiGize and apply to abdomen in a clockwise circular motion. Fennel applied neat to the center of the bottom of the feet.
- Cradle cap- Diluted or neat Lavender on area of concern.
- Jaundice- Diluted DiGize on bottom of baby's feet.
I was slathering on CLARY SAGE oil which can help increase or start uterine contractions. For 2 days, I was applying it topically to my entire stomach and my inner ankles. (I also would have used JASMINE if I would have had it.) Sometimes I applied neat, and sometimes I added some of Young Living's V-6 carrier oil. I also would ingest a capsule with about 5 drops of CLARY SAGE in it at the same time I applied topically. I usually would restart my diffuser with CLARY SAGE, EN-R-GEE, ORANGE and PEPPERMINT to get my energy up (2 drops each.) I would do this system every 3-4 hours.
I took a warm bath during labor and used PEACE AND CALMING and LAVENDER with some Epsom salt which was incredibly soothing for me.
Before I went to bed at night, I would rub GENTLE BABY all over my tummy to help soothe and calm me before sleep and through contractions through the night. (I also use this for baby after being born.)
On the day when things really started progressing (and baby was actually born), I had very low and deep contractions as I neared the pushing stage. During this phase of labor, my husband would rub PANAWAY and VALOR all over my back but specifically my lower back which was in a significant amount of pain. I also put VALOR on my neck and hips and my husband would gently put pressure on both sides of my hips as I contracted.
My husband dropped PEPPERMINT directly on my tongue when I was experiencing nausea during intense contractions. (It is also great in your water or having LEMON in your water.)
After Zion was born, we prayed over him and anointed him with FRANKINCENSE oil. We rubbed it all over his body and diluted with V-6 oil. (We also used FRANKINCENSE diluted for our perineal massage in the weeks leading up to labor.)
I have been continuing to diffuse GENTLE BABY in my room for baby and I and THIEVES when guests come. I have my THIEVES HAND PURIFIER for all the kids to put on their hands before touching or holding baby and my THIEVES SPRAY on my nightstand to help keep the area clean. These have been some must haves to make sure I am keeping the environment pure and free of germs.
I hope this guide is helpful for you and gives you insight to what a difference essential oils can make in your life pertaining to this topic.
Essential Oils for Wisdom Teeth
I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled out. I know that it is really not a big deal for most people but I was FREAKING OUT! They wanted to put me to sleep to do it because the bottom 2 were partially impacted. I've never had my teeth pulled or been put to sleep so it was just double whammy for me and I was so nervous.
And I just felt like I had heard many horror stories of it. How painful it was. The recovery. The bruising. The swollenness. I dreaded it all.
So the morning of the oral surgery, along with prayer, I applied some Valor and StressAway on my forearms and chest. Courage and calm is what I needed.
After the procedure, we headed home to rest for the day.
Every time I changed my gauze, I added my Young Living clove oil to the gauze- maybe 3-5 drops per side of the gauze and added a little warm water. It helped soothe and numb the area.
I also applied Frankincense with some coconut oil along my jawline 1-2 times a day for the first 4-5 days. I would pray over myself and my healing as I applied it.
Another alternative if you don't have clove, is using the Thieves.
Now, the oral surgeons had prescribed me an antibiotic mouthwash, an antibiotic, and a painkiller. And I didn't have to use any of them. I would have had to extend my time off from nursing if I would have taken the painkillers but I didn't need even one.
Try also applying Panway, Peppermint and Copaiba in that order with a layering effect onto your jawline and any areas that are hurting.
I was able to keep the gauze out by the end of that first evening and attempt to talk a little bit. I slept just fine that night and my healing for the rest of the days was so much better than I had ever expected! It was not nearly as bad as I had heard or thought it would be. I had no bruising and no swelling!
On another note, I did need to pump a few times throughout those first 24 hours but it wasn't as much as my son would have usually nursed. And my nursing schedule was thrown off. Plus, I was pretty much on a liquid diet for 3-4 days and my milk supply had really decreased. I took Fennel oil internally in a capsule 2 twice a day and almost applied it directly on my breasts and my milk supply increased and was just fine.
Plus, diffusing Lavender and Grounding really helped me relax during the healing as I rested for a few days.
And now, my mouth has 4 less teeth and a lot more room! And I am super thankful for the way I was able to incorporate my oils into the process!
Essential Oils for Intimacy
Reading Scripture, daily prayer, and re-training your brain to think positive, healthy thoughts can make a huge difference not only on your general outlook on life, but also on the chemical balance in your brain, which ultimately affects your hormones!
Just as lingerie may be used for good or for evil, so might the exotic scents and sensations of essential oils. And why shouldn’t the marriage bed be the most aromatically rich, exciting, and pleasing bed there is?
“I arose to open for my beloved, and my hands dripped with myrrh, my fingers with liquid myrrh, on the handles of the lock”. (Song of Solomon 5:5)
Historically, the euphoric properties of oils like ylang ylang, myrrh, sandalwood, rose, and patchouli have been used to enhance intimacy aromatically and topically. Myrrh is mentioned seven times in the Song of Solomon! Is it any wonder that some believe Myrrh can help support better balance and enhanced intimacy?
“His cheeks are like a bed of spices,
Banks of scented herbs.
His lips are lilies,
Dripping liquid myrrh.”
– Song of Solomon 5:13
Think ahead by preparing and planning for your evening. Start by cleaning your bedroom (I suggest essential oil-based Thieves Household Cleaner). Get rid of clutter (or at least move it elsewhere). Vacuum, dust, wash sheets and linens, and make sure the room feels fresh and clean.
Now prepare your sheets and linens by scenting them with something exotic. I suggest making the following pillow spray using sandalwood, patchouli, ylang ylang, or Sensation.
Exotic Pillow Spray
25 drops essential oils
1 oz. vodka
1 oz. purified water
2 oz. glass spray bottle
Remember to consider all five senses (sight, sound, taste, touch, and smell). Scatter unscented soy or beeswax candles around the room. To relax, use a spa set up with candles, essential oils, towel, pebbles and turn off electronic lighting, music. Choose soothing and relaxing music for the background and prepare the "mood" lighting.
Decide which massage oils you’re going to use and place them in pretty bottles on a decorative tray beside fresh flowers or herbs. You may also want to have on hand glasses for drinks, dark chocolate, fresh berries etc. Prepare any other massage tools you’ll want to use.
Just before beginning your evening, you may want to start with a warm, lightly scented bath. Add the same oils you used for your pillow spray to some Epsom salts before adding to bath water.
Scent-sual Massage Oil
30 drops – Cedarwood
20 drops – Clary Sage
10 drops – Ylang Ylang
6 drops – Patchouli
1 drop – Myrrh or Frankincense
4 oz. sweet almond oil
Steamy After Bath Rub
30 drops – Neroli
10 drops – Sandalwood
5 drops – Juniper
4 drops – Ginger
4 ylang ylang
2 drops jasmine or lavender
4 oz. v6 or sweet almond oil
The Scent-sual Art of Touch and Massage
Combine the deep, intoxicating effects of essential oils with an evening of loving, sensual touch and massage to arouse intense desire between you and your husband! You will be amazed!
And remember, just like anything of value, practice makes perfect. Take the time to study and recognize his desires and prompts, and allow yourself to relax—to willingly respond and engage. Explore, feel, taste, smell, listen, watch, communicate, reveal, and enjoy!
Sandalwood, rose, neroli, and ylang ylang, as well as the Young Living blends, Present Time and Sensation are all excellent choices for massage and sensual exploration. Sandalwood’s mysterious musky aroma blends particularly well with the body’s own natural scent, making it perfect for a romantic evening. Young Living also offers a Sensation Massage Oil that is absolutely intoxicating.
Both sandalwood and rose* can be used intimately and applied directly to “sensitive” areas. Yes, really. However, because everyone is different, I would suggest having a carrier oil available (V6, olive oil, or coconut oil), just in case you or your husband find any of the oils a little too stimulating.
One woman said that she discovered the blend Lady Sclereol helped with ocassional dryness, and its gentle warmth helped to stimulate libido when applied/massaged “directly!” Once again, while it can be used neat (undiluted), I still suggest that you have a carrier oil on hand “just in case.”
The brain often associates scents with memories; so, be ready to have flashbacks of the exotic evening you had with your beloved every time you smell sandalwood…and try not to blush in public!
As you grow older, remember that greying hair, a shifting body, and the changes that accompany menopause do not mean the end to an exciting and passionate marriage bed. In fact, all those moments of bonding, all those years of developing trust, growing together, sharing together, and “practicing” in the playground together, may mean the beginning to a whole new level of intimacy! So wake up, Sleeping Beauty! The fun has just begun!
With smell perhaps the most primal of our senses, aromatherapy can reveal a whole other level to intimacy. But essential oils are more than just a scent.
Essential oils can:
Rid negative emotions of bitterness and resentment
To encourage positive emotions like forgiveness, compassion, and transformation
Settle relationship conflicts
Forge stronger bonds of trust and passion
Enhance our own personal confidence thus increasing our attraction.
Boost our libido which increases physical intimacy
How can you use these oils?
Love is in the air, especially when essential oils are diffused before, during, (even after) intimate moments!
Combine one or more of these with some almond oil (a female aphrodisiac scent) or other light oil for homemade massage oil
Extra powerful on reflexology/ Vita-flex points on the feet, hands, and ears. About 20 drops total per 1/2 cup (100ml or so).
Drop some in bath water to be enjoyed together. (Read bottle instructions and avoid doing with ‘warming’ oils)
Add a drop or two to skin and beauty items, like lotions and hair products
Make a room/linen spray by using 10-20 drops in a 2 oz. glass spritz bottle
Wear as perfume behind ears, neck, wrists, cleavage, bikini line, etc
Descriptions and uses for oils
● Sensation Massage Oil: leaves skin feeling smooth, silky, and youthful. The beautiful fragrance of Sensation may stimulate feelings of romance.
○ Apply 1 drop on brainstem to amplify enjoyment
Can be applied in groin area directly
For erectile disfunction:
Take 3 drops in a capsule
Take 5 drops under the tongue nightly for 2 weeks
● Shutran: Shutran is an empowering essential oil blend that is specially designed for men to boost feelings of masculinity and confidence. Its inspiring aroma appeals to both men and women, and although used like a cologne, Shutran does not contain any synthetic ingredients. Instead, it is formulated with pure, therapeutic-grade essential oils, including the exclusive-to-Young-Living, Idaho Blue Spruce, a refreshing, invigorating essential oil to both body and mind.
(Idaho Blue spruce) (Ocotea) (Ylang ylang) (Hinoki) (Coriander) (Davana) (Lavender) (Cedarwood) (Lemon) (Northern Lights Black spruce)
May help support normal male testosterone levels. Now I'm going to tell you that Shutran isn't cheap, so I'm not going to out right encourage anyone to just fork out the cash to buy it, but I am going to say that if there is a need, it would be a wise investment. Sexual intimacy is such an important part of a marriage and is key to building that strong bond as husband and wife. If you're not ready to fork out the money just to try it, start with a predecessor Idaho Blue Spruce, it's cheaper and comes in a 5ml bottle. Women have a bit of the testosterone hormone in them so a little bit of a boost is totally going to bring out a more dominant, aggressive, energetic, antsy side to the woman as well.
○ Add 1-2 drops on inner forearms daily or use as cologne on base of neck
● Rose: because rose essential oil possesses the highest frequency of all the essential oils, it creates a sense of balance, harmony, and well-being and elevates the mind. It creates a magnetic energy that attracts love and brings joy to the heart.
○ Diffuse to set the mood
For topical or aromatic use. Diffuse or wear on top of shoulders, along spine, on crown of head, wrists, behind ears and on the back of the neck. Excellent in a bath.
Universal female tonic and balancer, suitable for all gynaecological problems.
● Ylang Ylang: Uniquely calming, cooling, and euphoric at the same time. Known for soothing anxieties and conflicts, Ylang Ylang has a euphoric effect on the nervous system. This is a must-have EO to enhance attraction and enjoy a deeply sensual, erotic experience. Helps balance sexual emotion and sex drive problems. Its aromatic influence elevates sexual energy and enhances relationships. Balancing for sexual emotion and sex drive problems. Enhances sensuality, increases libido, and attraction between lovers, due to its aphrodisiac properties. May also be helpful with impotence and frigidity.
○ Apply topically to inner thighs, lower abdomen and back of neck
○ Supports women's libido
● Progessance Plus: serum is a pure, harmonizing serum that is designed specifically for women. Along with wild yam and vitamin E, Progessence Plus is formulated with Frankincense, Bergamot, and Peppermint essential oils for optimal results with balancing female hormones
Apply it to your caritoid artery, forearms or temples.
● Geranium: Known as the “women’s oil” because of its menstrual and menopausal benefits and its spicy, exotic, floral scent also makes it a fabulous aphrodisiac. Additionally, geranium oil is very gentle. Elevates the emotions of love and happiness. May also restore equilibrium and help with menopausal problems.
As an aphrodisiac, use 8-10 drops of oil in a bath or use 2-3 drops in a diffuser or lamp ring
● Peppermint: energizing and cooling
○ 1 drop on tongue
● Lavender: Ah, the “swiss army knife” of essential oils. So versatile, potent, yet gentle. Lavender famously relaxes, soothes, and nurtures…and it can do the same for a relationship. Produces sexual excitement in many people and may help balance the hormones.
● Release: facilitates the ability to let go of anger and frustration. This blend promotes harmony and balance: Ylang ylang, Lavandin, Geranium, Royal Hawaiian, sandalwood, Grapefruit, Tangerine, Spearmint, Lemon, Blue cypress, Davana, Kaffir lime, Ocotea, Jasmine, Matricaria, Blue tansy, and Rose
● Sacred Mountain: promotes feelings of strength, empowerment, grounding, and protection containing Spruce, ylang ylang, Balsam fir and cedarwood. Has a strong clean fragrance that brings about a feeling of strength, courage and empowerment as well as spiritual connection. It makes a great men’s cologne.
○ Diffuse to uplift mood
● Clary Sage: This mellow oil contains natural phytoestrogens which makes it perfect for supporting normal PMS and menopause…an excellent balancing oil for female hormone support and fertility. Depression, PMS, menopause, postpartum blues (avoid long term use if you have fibrocystic breasts or uterine fibroids). Can help with lack of sexual desire, particularly with women, by regulating and balancing hormones. Helps improve sexual desire; removes negative feelings and decreases inhibitions, arousing the emotions. Regulates and balances hormones in women.
Apply several drops (2-4) on location, feet, ankles or wrists
Apply to vitaflex points
May be used as a dietary supplement.
● DragonTime: contains natural phytoestrogens - the perfect choice for women's emotions during special times and needs. Its balancing properties make it a perfect choice for supporting normal, healthy emotions during the female monthly cycle
○ Massage on womans abdomen to light the fire
Contains clary sage, fennel, lavender, marjoram, yarrow, and jasmine
● Nutmeg: supports the nervous system to help overcome frigidity.
○ Apply topically on inner ankles
● Endogize: For a woman’s body to maintain health and vitality, maintaining a healthy endocrine system is key. Why the endocrine system? Because the endocrine system regulates several body systems by releasing hormones into the bloodstream. Once in the bloodstream, hormones travel to specific body systems such as the adrenals, pituitary, hypothalamus, thyroid and ovaries. When the endocrine system is not balanced, these body systems are unable to function properly and can put undue stress on other systems within the body.
EndoGize is daily supplement expressly formulated to support and maintain a healthy and balanced endocrine system in women
Take 1 capsule twice daily. Use daily for four weeks.
● OrthoEase Massage Oil
○ Use as a tingling lubrication
● Sensation: This is a really romantic blend to enhance the enjoyment of togetherness! Comes as an essential oil or already-ready in a Sensation Massage oil. Umm, you’ll really want this one. Sensation Essential Oil is a sophisticated massage oil that can be used for romance, relaxation, or enhance those special moments. It is also very supporting to healthy skin. Contains three oils including jasmine, ylang ylang and geranium.
Use NEAT (undiluted) then,
Apply several drops (2-4) to wrists, edge of ears, neck and feet
Add several drops (2-4) to bath water
Apply to vitaflex points
Directly inhale, diffuse, or
Dilute 1:15 with vegetable oil for body massage
● Patchouli: You either love or hate this oil. The biggest gift here is focus. Patchouli aids in a sharp mind and being fully present with a partner or self, as well as overcoming fatigue. Thus, big libido boost! Helps men relax and arouse. To balance libido, fight frigidity and impotence, and to ease sexual anxiety. Helps release sexual fears by decreasing inhibitions. Helps to improve communication on a physical and emotional level.
● Myrrh: apply topically on feet and lower abdomen
● Jasmine: This heady aroma promotes deep-lasting affections by bringing confidence and a slight warmth. It is seductive for rekindling and sustaining strong relationships, taking away performance anxiety or feelings of inadequacy. Deeply soothing and calming. It may help with erectile dysfunction, frigidity, and premature ejaculation. Jasmine enhances the feeling of sensuality and self worth. It brings romance, strength, and warmth to relationships.
● Lady Sclareol: An alluring and seductive blend of oils (Geranium, Coriander, Vetiver, Orange, Clary, Bergamot, Ylang ylang, Royal Hawaiian sandalwood, Spanish sage, Jasmine, Idaho blue spruce, Spearmint, and Hinoki)! Great for skin, perfume, and driving each other wild!
● Cinnamon Bark: This oil can increase appetites, both nutritionally and sexually. It is another oil that brings the heat, increasing blood flow to areas, sooooo….please dilute!
● Sandalwood: Uniquely able to mingle with everyone’s own natural body odors, which means Sandalwood produces different aromas and pheremones for each person! Brings out the best in you, something very personal.
● Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood:
has a rich, sweet, warm, and woody aroma that is sensual and romantic
helpful with sexual problems due to its aphrodisiac properties. Enhances feelings of sexuality and openness.
● Idaho Blue Spruce: After two weeks of taking eight drops of IBS by capsule once a day, men raised their testosterone levels by 30%, has been found to help support normal male hormone levels in men, many women have tried Idaho Blue Spruce to not only help their partner but to help themselves gain that necessary boost to get in the mood for intimacy
● Mister: An essential oil that specifically benefits men. It also helps promote greater inner-body balance and many have found it soothing when stressed. Mister is recommended for men age thirty and over.
● Abundance: supports a positive sense of well-being, vitality and balance. Encourages feelings of physical and emotional abundance.
● Release: helps release negative emotion and anger. Apply it over the liver or on liver points. It contains oils that support the physical liver, too.
Orange or Lime: These oils combined with other sensual EOs add a layer of playfulness and fun. They can lighten the mood.
Apply to inner thighs
Ginger: This pungent oil boost vitality, spices up the libido, and heightens passion and desire. Nutmeg is similar in effects. Heats up libido and heats up/arouses the emotions, especially cold emotions
Basil: A sweet and spicy oil that promotes love, seduction, and fertility by awakening the senses and arousal.
Black Pepper: Think stamina, strength, and heat. The penetrating properties of this EO produce a warming effect, (similar to His/Hers store-bought products), so should be used in very small amounts.
Joy: Such a love oil. I swear by a drop of this blend on my heart most days to bring uplifting and magnetic energy, as my usual only ‘perfume’. But together, it inspires romance like whoa. Contains rose oil which is the most uplifting, loving, romantic oil.
Cardemom: Oil-Enhances feelings of sensuality
Cedarwood: Oil-Arouses emotions in relationships and calms fears and anxieties relating to sexuality.
Juniper: A good choice for people who are insecure in their relationships, or who feel unworthy of love. Enhances self confidence and openness by arousing and awakening love and sexuality.
OrthoEase: Tingling lubrication that can also have the affect of the ability to continuously be intimate.
● Lubricant recipe:
○ 3 drops black pepper
○ 2 drops peppermint
○ 5 drops Sensation
○ 1 oz. coconut oil
● Massage Oil/Diffuser blends:
○ To encourage romance:
■ 2 drops Ylang Ylang
■ 2 drops Orange
■ 2 drops Geranium
○ To banish inhibitions:
■ 3 drops Basil
■ 5 drops Geranium
○ To spice up your life:
■ 2 drops Clove
■ 4 drops Bergamot
● Neat or Diluted: Apply 2-4 drops on inner thighs, forearms, armpits and bottom of feet:
○ Him- Shutran, Idaho Blue Spruce and Valor
○ Her- Progessance Plus, Idaho Blue Spruce, Orange
○ Both- Lavender and carrier oil= massage
● Romantic Bath
○ 1 drop Ylang Ylang
○ 3 drops Patachouii
○ 1 drop Geranium
○ 2 drops Clary Sage.
○ Epsom salt
● Loving Massage Blend
○ 20 drops Clary Sage
○ 10 drops Cedarwood
○ 20 drops Ylang Ylang
○ 8 drops Patachouii
○ 2 oz. carrier oil
● Aphrodisiac Diffuser
○ 1 drop Grapefuit
○ 2 drops Clary Sage
○ 3 drops Juniper
● Light the Fire Diffuser
○ 3 drops Frankincense
○ 1 drop Myrrh
○ 1 drop Sandalwood
○ 1 drop cinnamon bark
● Sensual Linen Spray
○ 10 drops Sandalwood
○ 6 drops Ylang Ylang
○ 14 drops Bergamot
○ 3 oz. distilled water
● Sexuality Massage Blend
○ 4 drops Clary Sage
○ 6 drops Sandawood
○ 4 drops Ylang Ylang
○ 2 drops Coriander
○ 2 drops Patachouii
○ 2 drops Ginger
○ 1 drop Basil
○ 1 drop Vetiver
○ 2 oz. coconut oil
Bergamot – 9 drops
Geranium – 11 drops
Ginger – 10 drops
Grapefruit – 15 drops
Rosemary – 11 drops
Palma Rosa – 5 drops
Neroli – 7 drops
Lavender – 3 drops
Lemon – 20 drops
“Morning After” Mist
10 drops lavender
6 drops frankincense
3 drops geranium
3 drops cypress
3 drops copaiba
1 tsp. vodka or witch hazel
2 oz. glass bottle of purified water
Exotic Cologne for Him
15 drops cedarwood
10 drops clary sage
5 drops ylang lang
3 drops patchouli
1 drop elemi or myrrh (fixative)
5 ml carrier oil (V-6 or sweet almond oil)
Store in glass in a dark place for 2 weeks.
Exotic Perfume for Her
2 drops jasmine
12 drops bergamot
5 drops rose
8 drops neroli
1 drop elemi or myrrh (fixative)
5 ml carrier oil (V-6 or sweet almond oil
Store in glass in a dark place for 2 weeks.